Note: This post was originally published last year, but many of our current readers missed it. Since then, Riverside County has saved $113,000.
Energy Manager Janet Purchase emailed us with good news. Just seven months after implementing EnergyCAP energy managment software, Riverside County, CA, had already saved $96,000. This was most of the County's initial investment in buying EnergyCAP.
Janet Purchase had made a good purchase! But how did she save that sum for the County?
In a video interview, I asked her these questions:
- Why did you purchase EnergyCAP?
- What was the financial incentive you received from your local government partnership?
- What error did your utility bill entry staff find?
- How did bill auditing return money to the County?
- Beyond the dollar savings, what other benefits have you found?
Watch the 15-minute interview now:
Speaking of energy and money, want to learn more?