Groom Energy and GreenBiz.com conducted a survey to learn about the emerging role of corporate energy managers.
In this six-minute video, Chris Heinz, VP of Marketing for EnergyCAP, Inc. interviews Paul Baier of Groom Energy about the survey results. (You can learn more about the survey here.)
This video interview covers questions such as:
- Who did you target on the survey and what were you hoping to learn?
- What were the top priorities of energy managers and was anything lower on the priority list than you expected?
- How does management measure success? Did the survey reveal any popular key performance indicators?
- In more than 30 years, we've found that CFO's are often not involved in energy management. Did you find this to be true?
- Did you learn anything about the buying habits of organizations?
Watch the interview now.
About Paul Baier
Paul leads Groom Energy’s Sustainability Consulting practice to help customers with their sustainability, carbon footprint and energy reduction strategies. He’s also the primary author of an annual buyer’s guide for enterprise carbon accounting and sustainability software. Paul earned his MBA from Harvard Business School and his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Kenyon College. Paul writes blogs on the Enterprise Smart Grid and Practical Sustainability, and sends a newsletter on the the smart grid and energy management software news; you can sign up here.