No matter what type of business software you’re buying, there are always challenges.
- Challenges matching needs and functionality
- Challenges integrating the new product into existing business processes
- Challenges obtaining needed historical data
- Challenges customizing for special needs
- Challenges getting stakeholder buy-in
Paul Baier’s recent PracticalSustainability blog, 7 Lessons from Implementation Enterprise Carbon Accounting/Sustainability Software, highlights these issues and others in a thoughtful and easy read. The seven lessons apply quite nicely to energy management software implementation. We recommend them as ‘best practices’ for acquisition and implementation of your next business software product!