The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized EnergyCAP, Inc. (ECI) with a 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award for their continued leadership in protecting our environment through superior energy efficiency. ECI’s accomplishments will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Washington, D.C. on March 26, 2013.
According to EPA, ECI is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for making ENERGY STAR an integral component of its software product offerings for a wide network of customers and business partners by:
- Providing benchmarking services to more than 9,000 customer buildings in 2012, doubling the number of buildings that ECI was previously benchmarking in EPA’s Portfolio Manager.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR benchmarking into all versions of its software offerings.
- Licensing these software products to more than 1,500 organizations—providing clients with the ability to earn energy performance scores in Portfolio Manager and introducing them to the broader suite of ENERGY STAR tools, resources, and strategies.
- Leveraging its expanded software offerings to enable clients to earn the ENERGY STAR for more than 4,000 buildings.
- Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR benchmarking and recognition by including ENERGY STAR messaging in all marketing materials, websites, social media, and sales proposals, and promoting ENERGY STAR at industry seminars and conferences.
EnergyCAP, Inc. is committed to increasing energy efficiency in our software through partnering with ENERGY STAR, which helps protect the environment and reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” said Steve Heinz, Founder and CEO of ECI.
The 2013 Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Awards are given to a select group of organizations that have exhibited outstanding leadership year after year. These winners have reduced greenhouse gas emissions by setting and achieving aggressive goals, and employing innovative energy efficiency approaches.
These awards recognize ongoing leadership across the ENERGY STAR program, including energy-efficient products, services, new homes, and buildings in the commercial, industrial, and public sectors. Award winners are selected from the nearly 20,000 organizations that participate in the ENERGY STAR program.
Previously, ECI won 2011 and 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Awards.