On March 26, the United States Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy recognized 118 organizations for their commitment to saving energy and protecting the environment. About 1,000 guests attended the banquet in Washington, DC.
EnergyCAP, Inc. (ECI) was recognized with a Partner of the Year--Sustained Excellence award. This was ECI's third ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award, having been recognized in 2011 and 2012. ECI's Founder and CEO Steve Heinz accepted the award.
The EPA honored ECI for:
- Providing benchmarking services to more than 9,000 customer buildings in 2012, doubling the number of buildings that ECI was previously benchmarking in Portfolio Manager.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR benchmarking into all versions of its software offerings.
- Licensing these software products to more than 1,500 organizations providing clients with the ability to earn ENERGY STAR energy performance scores and introducing clients to the broader suite of ENERGY STAR tools, resources, and strategies.
- Leveraging its expanded software offerings to enable clients to earn the ENERGY STAR for more than 4,000 buildings.
- Communicating the value of ENERGY STAR benchmarking and recognition by including ENERGY STAR messaging in all marketing materials, websites, social media, and sales proposals, and promoting ENERGY STAR at industry seminars and conferences.
According to the EPA, "The 70 Sustained Excellence winners continue to exhibit exceptional leadership year after year in the Energy Star program while remaining dedicated to environmental protection through superior energy efficiency."
Pictured left to right is Steve Heinz, CEO of ECI, Jean Lupinacci, Chief of the ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial Branch, Chris Heinz, ECI's Vice President of Marketing, and Matthew Heinz, ECI's Vice President of Customer Service and CSR.
ECI was one of five organizations receiving Sustained Excellence awards in the Service and Product Provider category. Congratulations to other winners in our category, including our partner Cenergistic.
In addition, three of our clients also won Partner of the Year awards--CBRE, Inc., Loudoun County Public Schools (VA), and Cherokee County Schools (TN). Great job! Click here to see a list of all the winners.